Misk / Finnegan:
Introduction to a Legal Career and Intellectual Property Law
Following our Misk “Future Path Career Readiness” program, we are pleased to offer you the opportunity for an extra two-hour course entitled Introduction to a Legal Career and Intellectual Property Law, presented by Finnegan. This webinar is designed to provide students with guidance to start their career in the legal field, to succeed during their first year of working in a top-tier law environment, and to understand what makes the Intellectual Property (IP) legal field different.
By joining to this program, you will learn about:
- Starting your career in the legal field.
- Preparing a successful CV
- Key qualifications recruiters look for
- Interview tips
- Basic tactics to advancing future careers
- Succeeding during your first year on the job.
- Skills needed to succeed
- Description of what a day on the job looks like
- Awareness of career choices
- Understanding the field of IP
- Recognizing and being able to discuss the differences and advantages of all forms of intellectual property
- Learning how to protect technical innovations, product designs, brands, logos, publications and performances with patents, trade secrets, trademarks and copyrights
Eligibility & Qualifications
- The program is available for university and college students and recent graduates
- All specializations are accepted
- The webinar will be taught in English.
Finnegan LLP (Finnegan) is an international law firm focused on protecting intellectual property (IP) world-wide. Finnegan was founded in March 1965 and has since become one of the biggest and most respected IP law firms in the world. The world’s leading corporations and innovators have entrusted Finnegan with their most valuable assets for over 50 years. Finnegan’s practice includes all aspects of patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secret law.