Misk/ Teacher Internship Program
Become a part of shaping learners and the foundation of teaching in the Kingdom.
Misk/ Teacher Internship is an innovative, exciting, and impactful national initiative to drive the performance of local private schools and improve the outcomes of young people in the Kingdom. The internship reflects best practice examples from high-performing international educational systems that offer bright graduates the unique opportunity to enter the teaching profession and make a lasting impact on our education system whilst also improving the interns career opportunities.
This initiative offers interns the opportunity to develop various educational and leadership skills in elite private schools. These schools have been making a significant contribution to education reform across the Kingdom. Private schools have expanded and opened their doors for more and more Saudi nationals to join the profession, and are seeking high performing graduates with subject matter expertise in STEM & English to improve our Kingdom’s performance in those key subject areas.
Through the program, you will have the opportunity to fuel creativity and join the movement to be a part of the education profession and empower the youth in Saudi.
Misk will offer this unique Teacher Internship program in collaboration with Cambridge, Emkan and Aanaab, where you as a top graduate will be selected, trained and placed to co-teach students at KSA schools for 1 academic year.
The overall aims of the Misk/ Teacher Internship are to:
- Contribute to the improvement of quality education
- Provide broader and alternate career pathways to contribute towards reduction of youth unemployment
- Promote teaching and education-related professions to graduates
- Foster youth leadership and workplace skills
- Match schools to talented, recent graduates
- Promote civic engagement
There are many benefits for you to join the program. As an intern you will:
- Receive recognized and well-respected certifications from both Misk & Cambridge (Cambridge Assessment and International Examination)
- Obtain knowledge and skills (e.g. leadership, data-analysis) that is transferable to any industry
- Receive monthly salaries whilst studying and training
- Be considered for a permanent job at schools, Ministries, social enterprise, consultancy agencies or leading private firms upon completion of the Internship
- Enjoy the of benefits being part of the Misk network of young professionals (e.g. discussion channels, network events, participation in Misk competitions)
Eligibility & Qualifications
- Saudi national
- Completed undergraduate or post grad within past 2 years and/or will graduate by July 2019
- Graduated with GPA of 3.5 (out of 4) or higher
- Has degree in English, Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Maths, Computing and/or Health Sciences (e.g. pharmacy)
- Has no education related degree/qualification
- For STEM subject candidates: Highly proficient in English and Arabic (e.g. Level B2 in CEFR1, an academic IELTS2 score of 5.5 minimum or TOEFL score of 70 iBT, 525 PBT)
- For English subject candidates: IELTS score of minimum of 6.5 (with equivalence in other English proficiency tests)