MiSK/ Milken Institute Internship Program
Introduction (about Milken and the internship program)
About the Milken Institute
The Milken Institute is a nonprofit, nonpartisan think tank that helps people build meaningful lives, in which they can experience health and well-being, pursue effective education and gainful employment, and access the resources required to create ever-expanding opportunities for themselves and their broader communities.
About the Center for Strategic Philanthropy
The Milken Institute Center for Strategic Philanthropy (CSP) advises philanthropists and foundations seeking to develop and implement transformative giving strategies.
The MiSK Foundation and CSP will develop and deploy a survey to understand the current sentiments in Saudi youth relevant to mental wellness. The Saudi Youth Mental Health Survey (SYMHS) will be used to help MiSK and other partners develop programs or advocate for policies to improve the lives of young people in Saudi Arabia.
We are seeking energetic, detail-oriented individuals to provide assistance to the team from research and content through analysis and recommendations.
Daily tasks may include (but are not limited to):
- Conducting, synthesizing, and disseminating desktop research on mental wellness (perception, prevalence, treatment, workforce, and policy) in the Middle East (with a focus on the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia) and internationally
- Actively monitoring the landscape of and developments in mental wellness in the Middle East (with a focus on the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia) and internationally
- Attending and reporting findings from external meetings, conferences, webinars, etc.
- Drafting or editing survey questions
- Analyzing survey data
- Coordinating and participating in meetings of the three advisory groups
- Participating in project team meetings
- Providing administrative and logistical support for related programs, events, or meetings as needed
- Special projects as assigned
Eligibility & Qualifications
Ideally, candidates currently enrolled or recently graduated from master’s or doctorate’s programs in public health, psychology, education, anthropology or other social sciences with strong research, writing, and organizational skills (other degrees may be considered).
- Fluency in oral and written English and Arabic
- Superb desktop research and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and work with a high degree of accuracy
- Comfort interfacing with diverse stakeholders
- High emotional intelligence paired with an entrepreneurial, outgoing, positive attitude and a tolerance for ambiguity
- Adaptability and sense of humor