Misk / La Biennale di Venezia Internship Program
The Misk Art Institute is proud to be the official Commissioner of the Saudi National Pavilion at La Biennale di Venezia, the most significant cultural platform in the world; one which allows for annual global cultural dialogue in the fields of art, architecture and film.
The Saudi National Pavilion of the Venice Biennale 2019 supported by the Ministry of Culture and commission by Misk Art Institute. A curated exhibition will be presented from 8th May – 24th November 2019 as part of the multi-nation exhibition in the Arsenale area of Venice.
Learn to work in an international environment at one of the largest art exhibitions worldwide, organize and manage events, mediate between different cultures, collect and elaborate data in reports and develop your problem-solving skills. Moreover, will get to know a new culture and experience Venice as a local. A certificate of attendance will be provided.
The Misk Art Institute has partnered with the Misk Fellowship and Traineeship team to offer internship opportunities both to support our endeavor and to give Saudis the opportunity to experience this unique event. The Internship Program will offer training opportunities for emerging artists and art enthusiasts to spend four weeksin Venice staffing the Saudi Arabian Pavilion exhibition at the 58th International ArtExhibition of La Biennale di Venezia.
Work schedule: from 10 am to 6 pm, except for: opening days (10 am to 7 pm), Fridays and Saturdays (10 am to 8 pm) and occasional half-day shifts. Rest days: Mondays (with exceptions).
Selected interns will act as custodians and docents of the National Pavilion, where they will get hands-on experience overseeing the daily operations of the exhibition. The program is open to Saudi Youth aged 21 and above, with an interest or background in arts.
We will expect to have 3 interns per month for the period of 7 months.
- Support the team working on the opening days (if selected for the first month)
- Open, close, guard and clean the Pavilion
- Supervise public flow and interaction of the visitors with the artworks
- Welcome and engage with the public during their visit
- Detect and report technical problems and/or any anomaly to the Intern Manager
- Assist the Intern Manager during the opening/closing ceremony, panel discussions and other events to ensure their smooth running
- Collect data to be submitted to the Intern Manager on a weekly basis
- Carry out studies on visitors and elaborate reports to transmit to the Intern Manager on a monthly basis
- Distribute visitor brochures and catalogues to the public
- AccompanyVIP guests, give guided tours and facilitate their stay in Venice.
- More task will be added due to the program
Eligibility & Qualifications
- Age: 21 years old and above
- Nationality or Residency: Saudi Arabian
- University status: currently enrolled or recently graduated (max 12 months from graduation)
- Passport: Interns must possess a valid passport (expiration date: min. 8 months from date of application)
- Language skills: Fluent English (level C1) and Arabic.
- University background: Arts, Architecture, Design, International Relations, Cultural Mediation, PR & Communication,
Humanities or related courses.
- Motivation: Strong interest in / desire to pursue a career in the arts.
- Soft skills:
Excellent social and communication skills, initiative, flexibility, a hard-working attitude, stress management, a welcoming and respectful demeanor.
Terms & Conditions
Interns will be expected to commit their full-time availability during the entire period of the internship and be present for duty at the Pavilion during opening hours.
Note: After submitting the application You cannot change the selected dates
|Start Date||End Date|
|Period 1||4 May||1 June|
|Period 2||31 May||1 July|
|Period 3||1 July||1 Aug|
|Period 4||31 July||1 Sept|
|Period 5||31 Aug||30 Sept|
|Period 6||30 Sept||1 Nov|
|Period 7||31 Oct||28 Nov|