Misk / DraperU Silicon Valley Innovation and Leadership Placement program
About Draper University
DraperU was started by legendary investor Tim Draper, who invested in companies like Tesla, Skype, Twitch, SpaceX, and Hotmail. DraperU is a school for innovators. We are helping people do the great things they are capable of. Expect to be inspired. To do things you didn’t think were possible. To be fearless. To build a network of friends, mentors and colleagues that you will take with you on your path.
Overview of the Internship
A 15-week program providing unique learning experiences and placement opportunities in Silicon Valley. Misk / DraperU Silicon Valley Innovation and Leadership placement program is designed to provide Saudi youth with the opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest entrepreneurs and experts in Silicon Valley.
- Week 1 – Week 6: Classroom style learning, workshops and team activities with participants from across the world. Each week you will meet 10-15 top executives, CEO’s and thought leaders from Silicon Valley. We will also host grill nights once a week where a panel of investors and industry experts will evaluate presentations from participants. All evenings will be open for participants to network in Silicon Valley on their own and invite people to campus that they want to work with.
- Week 1: Introduction to Silicon Valley. Meet your mentors who will work with you throughout the program. Key Activity: Pick projects to work on for 5 weeks, networking events
- Week 2 : Think and solve 10X problems to build the next unicorn. Gain insights on how to build a startup directly from Silicon Valley founders. Key Activity: Silicon Valley Hackathon with prizes from leading companies
- Week 3: Embrace an artist’s mind, and begin thinking outside the box. A ton of why’s and why not’s along the way!! Key Activity: Improv, Business Model Canvas, Creativity Competition
- Week 4: Survival and leadership training with Tim Draper and US Navy Seals. Key Activity: Scavenger hunt across San Francisco, build a boat, complex navigation, camping at a private farm
- Week 5: Money makes the world go around, but is also essential in raising capital for a new business. Talking to investors, controlling the cap table, and balancing your income sheet is essential for founders. Key Activity: Biz world with Tim Draper, finance workshops
- Week 6: Put everything you have learned to use, as you engage your new brilliance to pitch a room full of investors Key Activity: Pitch and demo day
- Week 7 – Week 15: All participants will have the option to intern in startups and companies in the following categories: Venture Capital, Emerging Tech (AI, Robotics, VR) Events Management
Who is this program for?
- Age: 22 – 33
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or advanced technical diploma
- Work experience: Not required but good to have at least 1 year of work experience or prior internship experience
- Key areas of interest: entrepreneurship, venture capital, innovation management, emerging technologies, leadership development, startups
- Traits and Attitude: We are looking for innovators and futurists who are willing to try an out of the box experience that unlike any other they have experienced before.