College Prep will support you with one-to-one mentoring, to help you academically and with the university application and interview process. We’ll also give you a range of challenging and dynamic experiences to broaden your world view. By enhancing both your academic ability and character you’ll be prepared to flourish in a rigorous university environment.
We’ll give you one-to-one training to prepare for the application and interview process, and to develop the confident mind-set that will enable you to succeed at a world-class university.
Summer School Program
Summer school programs for high school students are designed to help expose students to the college experience. These programs not only teach you new skills and information, they can also enhance your college application to become a highly desirable candidate to elite universities.
Our list of summer programs cover a wide range of subject areas such as physics, Math, Engineering, Pre-Med, Community Service, Art and design and many more!
- Fiji Community Service
Republic of Fiji
- Hawaii Community Service
- Nepal Community Service
- Costa Rica Community Service
- Engineering and Robotics on the MIT Campus
- Technology & Innovation Workshop in the Silicon Valley
- Impact Storytelling at Nat Geo in Washington, D.C.
Washington, D.C., US
New York Film Academy
Summer Institute for the Gifted
University of Michigan
- Michigan Math and Science scholars
Washington University in St.Louis
College Guidance Counselling:
We work with both the student and their family to help them find their way through the entire college and university application process, from:
- Developing a school list that best fits the student’s interests
- Test preparation classes: TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, AP and A-Levels
- Coaching on how to approach application essays.
We make sure you’re exposed to a broad range of unique experiences, which build character and leadership as well as community and cultural awareness:
- Character-building boot camp at the UK’s famous Sandhurt Military Academy
- Alternatively you may wish to make a suggestion, which we’ll do our best to help with.
Your ambition, our objective
At the end of the two years, we aim for you to be accepted at one of the US/UK ’s top 20 universities. While the Misk Foundation is not affiliated with these schools, we’ve designed our program specifically to improve students’ chances of admission. We can’t guarantee admission to any university but the program offers you an unrivalled opportunity to become a highly-desirable candidate. Our target universities include:
- Brown University
- California Institute of Technology (Caltech)
- University of Cambridge
- University of Chicago
- Columbia University
- Cornell University
- Harvard University
- John’s Hopkins University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- University of Oxford
- Duke University
- University of Pennsylvania
- Princeton University
- Stanford University
- Yale University
Am I eligible?
How do I maintain eligibility?
Am I right for this program?
Translating school transcripts
Requirements and deadline
Application opensSeptember 3, 2018
Last day to take IELTS AcademicOctober 13, 2018
Last day to take TOEFL iBTOctober 14, 2018
Last day to report English Assessment scoresOctober, 31, 2018
Online Application DeadlineOctober, 31, 2018
Last day for Recommendation letters to be submittedNovember, 7, 2018
Second Round: Finalists InterviewsLate November ‘18
Decision NotificationJanuary, 10, 2019
We understand that nothing is more important than your child and you want to spend as much time with them as possible. We also know the value of holidays, when you can travel with them spend quality time together. If you want to have them with you for every vacation, the sacrifice may be too great and the MISK Fellowship may not be right for your child and family.
However, if you and your child are excited about the opportunity, and they apply, you will need to encourage them to attend the scheduled training. This includes:
- Summer school in the US and UK after their 10th grade year
- Training for much of the summer after their 11th grade year: taking prep classes for college entrance exams and completing their college application
We understand the importance of young people’s cultural and religious and responsibilities. Therefore we guarantee that no MISK training events will be scheduled during Ramadan and the Eid vacation.
Attendance and commitment
Please be aware that for your child to stay in the program they need to attend all program events. Misk is willing to invest considerable time, energy and funds to help your child to be accepted at a top US/UK university. And we know you have the same ambition for them. Each part of our program has been designed specially with this goal in mind. And every part of the program is important, so we ask for your unwavering commitment, to encourage your child to attend, so they can reap the benefits of the program.
TOEFL: what you need to know
- Deadline for taking the TOEFL iBT: October 14, 2018
- If you take the test after this date you will not get your result in time for our October 31 application deadline
- To register for the TOEFL iBT, go to the ETS website: http://www.ets.org/toefl
- You need a credit card to pay for the exam. If you don’t have a credit card, you may contact AMIDEAST Saudi Arabia and complete an electronic bank transfer to their offices. They will provide you with an electronic voucher that you can use to sign up on the ETS website.
- ETS has:
- a free online TOEFL prep, a paid online course and other resources.
- Go to: http://www.ets.org/toefl/ibt/prepare
- If you want to take a Face-to-Face TOEFL iBT® Test Preparation Course:
- AMIDEAST offers a 36-hour face-to-face course covering the four skill components of the TOEFL iBT® (reading, listening, speaking and writing) as well as key grammar points, test-taking strategies, and test structure to prepare test-takers to take the TOEFL iBT®.
- The course uses real TOEFL iBT® questions for practice, as well as explanations for each of the sections, including the speaking and writing tasks.
- Students gain a clear understanding of how to develop well-constructed answers and how to integrate speaking, listening, and writing skills to demonstrate their English proficiency at a standard that is expected in tertiary studies.
- The course is facilitated by a highly-trained instructor with a minimum of five years of teaching experience in TOEFL iBT® test preparation.
- Each student enrolled in the course receives the latest edition of the ETS Official Guide to the TOEFL iBT® as well as online access to authentic TOEFL iBT® practice tests.
- For more information, email AMIDEAST at KSA_Registration@amideast.org
Critical test dates: Riyadh sample
- Sat., Aug 04, 2018
- Sun., Aug 12, 2018
- Sun., Sep 02, 2018
- Sat., Sep 08, 2018
- Sat., Oct 13, 2018
- Sun., Oct 14, 2018
- TOEFL testing locations in the KSA:
- Hafir Al Batin
- Contact details:
- Please contact AMIDEAST (KSA_registration@amideast.org) to:
- Register for the TOEFL iBT preparation course
- Register for the TOEFL ITP test (paper based)
- Purchase TOEFL iBT test vouchers, if you don’t have a credit card.
- Please contact AMIDEAST (KSA_registration@amideast.org) to: